(either studying or working)
(either studying or graduated)
Value For Students
Our agents are trained in our DMO Framework, which allows them to take a holistic approach for each student they mentor while achieving school outcomes. Our agents use the best parts of traditional mentoring programs by giving high-growth students more one-on-one time. At the same time, they use our software system to lead students to customized achievements based on their needs.
Ongoing active engagement between students and agents offers your students a unique opportunity to gain the valuable skills needed to succeed in an ever-evolving, 21st-century global society.
- Hope & optimism
- Vision for the future
- Empathy & global stewardship
- Grit & rigor
- Curiosity, creativity & imagination
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Communication, collaboration & teamwork across networks
- Global & cultural awareness
- Leadership & flow
- Social Responsibility & ethics
- Technology & digital literacy
Students increased engagement on our platform over the calendar year.
We meet students where they are, on their phones.
Our platform allows students to interact with support service around their schedule, on their own time, and in their preferred medium: text.
Students tune out to face to face, email, or phone calls overtime, which impact student engagement significantly. Due to the new landscape of schools, having a mobile strategy is important for school districts to retain students while off campus and after school hours.
As a result you can expect:
Value For Schools
The average student in your schools will spend 20-45 minutes a month on our platform interacting with our Success Agents. Data is immediately collected and eventually distributed back to your staff in digestible updates. Our platform track time and conversational data, which are then reinforced by notes and goals submitted by Success Agents.
Once an insight is created, educators can communicate with their Success Agents to offer expertise, resources, or encouraging advice to continue distributing impact through our platform.
School staff can delegate student requests and tasks to Success Agents. Here are a list of common tasks Success Agents can help with:
- Follow up with a student about opportunities recommended by staff
- Have important conversations about college and career readiness
- Read and revise student essays
- Review student work and projects
- Help students complete applications or paperwork
- Promote an event to students
- Gauge student interest regarding school events and initiatives